The Community Risk Management Programme (CRP), led by the National Fire Chiefs Council (NFCC), aims to reduce community risk and vulnerability by delivering a set of national tools and guidance to improve risk management planning.
The community risk management program includes:
- Identification of hazards: This includes identifying the potential hazards that could pose a risk to the community, such as fires, floods, and other natural disasters.
- Assessment of risk: This involves assessing the likelihood and severity of each hazard, as well as the impact it could have on people and property.
- Development of mitigation measures: This involves developing plans to reduce the risk of each hazard, such as fire prevention measures, flood control measures, and emergency response plans.
- Implementation of mitigation measures: This involves putting the plans into action to reduce the risk of each hazard.
- Monitoring and evaluation: This involves monitoring the effectiveness of the mitigation measures and making changes as needed.
How JCAD’s risk management software, CORE, can assist with the adherence to the CRP
- CORE allows for risks & hazards to be identified in a web-based register that is accessible to your entire fire service in a view-only format. This allows greater visibility of the risks and aids buy-in across the whole service.
- JCAD CORE allows you to create a risk matrix to map the likelihood and severity of a risk in different matrix formats (4×4, 5×5 etc).
- Mitigations (controls) can be captured in CORE and linked back to risks and hazards. Template controls can also be setup to aid setup and comparison.
- Within CORE you can monitor the effectiveness of the mitigations. You can also set a level of assurance to ensure that these are well managed.
Risk management software
Using a centralised, web-based software for risk management eliminates version control issues as well as silos of data storage/ownership. Not only that, it offers a standard approach to the management of risk which encourages greater participation throughout the business. Capturing audit trails, automating reminders are sent out to advise of imminent & overdue activities and integrating with other tools using our API is invaluable to creating a robust risk management programme.
Contact Phil Walden on 07707727496 or email email@example.com if you’d like to learn more about JCAD CORE.